All training and clinical consultation offered at RISE is done by Sara Newman. Sara has 20 years of experience working with youth and families in Milwaukee. Her education consists of a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and a Masters Degree in Social Work. Since school she has remained current in the social work and mental health fields and has developed specialties in Trauma Informed Care, Commercial Sexualized Exploitation of Children, and issues related to juvenile delinquency.
Her professional experience has been focused across settings such as schools, residential facilities, community-based settings, outpatient facilities as well as within Children’s Hospital of WI. Sara has successfully created and run crisis stabilization, mentoring and mental health programming in Milwaukee and has chosen to continue direct practice and currently maintains a case load of youth she provides therapy to. Throughout her career she has stayed true to her focus to serve the vulnerable.
- The Masks We Wear/Clinical Side of Crisis and Mentoring (Clinical Considerations)
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children
- Ethics and Boundaries
- Self-Harm and Suicide Prevention
- Socialization, Media and Society’s Pressures
- ACE Interface Training
- Trauma Informed Care
- Self-awareness and Managing Emotions: How our own beliefs and values get in the way with the work we do
- The Client-Caregiver Relationship: Engagement and Beyond
- Brilliant Minds Behind Bars (misdiagnosis of systems-involved youth)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Caring for Ourselves by Learning our Biology and Finding our Purpose
Other trainings can be developed as needed.
Clinical Consultation: Individual or group case consultation to identify the best ways to support and intervene with clients during their placement (offered in group homes and/or crisis & mentoring agencies).
Please contact us if you are interested in one of the trainings or services offered or if you would like another topic developed. Feel free to sign up for a 30 minute consultation to discuss training or consultation needs.
Contact Sara Newman at (414) 559-8864 | firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule training.